Icelandic descendants of Vikings singing a hymn in a German train station. They totally need to be on the next Thor soundtrack.
Oh man oh man oh man. 6 guys, and it FILLS THE SPACE. Luck of the architecture - and they know how to pull it off. Nothing is easy making vocal music in a space not built for it. I want to do this kind of thing - randomly perform multipart harmony in public spaces.
And it reminds me of Bjork: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiN_YTyaNtI
My god this is beautiful.
Oh my god, the bass voice is superb.
This makes me feel so many things. Gods, it’s gorgeous and so evocative and wow. I need to find out what hymn this is.
It’s Hear, Heavenly Creator (I don’t know how that’s spelled in Icelandic, and I don’t have the characters on my keyboard for the letters anyway haha).
It’s… old as balls. Like 11th century old.Chills.
Lol RPing last night and Zig mentioned Sano’s laugh in romantic situations is something like that clip from Family Guy of the girl with the horrible laugh. So.
Anyway, really sloppily put together but I just had to get it out of my system.
I always do rough stuff on 12 fps and it messes up the timing on youtube and what not. OH WELL dealwithit.jpg
AHAHAHA i laughed and laughed and laughed dan i love this<33 made my night
man this is old but I’m still laughing
Myth: Does your character have any beliefs that are simply not correct or acceptable?
HmmMMMmm I answered this one for Vice already, but for Mat… Matt bases a lot of his moral coding on natural, cold-science, harsh-reality deal….. But he’s still prone to responding immaturely to things to a point, like if someone talks poorly to him, he might return it, if someone takes a swing at him and Matt isn’t even in a you-have-to-defend-yourself situation, he’ll swing back… Matt might even INSTIGATE a fight, maybe just to spur some sense of passion in a conversation…. And he tends to go “fuck it” when he’s frustrated with someone and run off, which is totally unproductive….. And Matt doesn’t allow for the “human” element in things, which okay he’s not human but… Like he doesn’t ever really forgive people and tends to think if they did something once, they’ll do it again, that sort of thing….
Suspense: What does your character often worry about?
HM so for Matt, probably about things relating to his sense of not connecting to people……. at all, there’s this socioemotional wall he has a really hard time getting past depite outwardly acting like he’s very compassionate and shit…. Matt worries about people getting tired of him… He has a lot of abandonment issues… He’s also worried about how crappy of a person he’s turning into, even though part of him is embracing it, maybe because he hasn’t felt like he’s been pushed around like he used to be in a good while…… Dude needs to learn how to equalize….
VICE WORRIES ABOUT A LOT, CONSTANTLY… At the moment it’s mostly bills, his health, making sure he’s giving everyone in his life enough attention, keeping everyone happy… He stretches himself too thin and neglects himself, too… He worries about his health because it is highly dependent on his emotional state… He worries about his mortality and everything that goes on after death, like he’s comfortable with it except he’s not entirely sure how things go, and he doesn’t like being in situations he has no ability to change his mind on. When u die that’s it so he’s like “ahHh”………. Vice keeps himself incredibly busy to stave off his various anxiety issues……
Obligation: Does your character feel indebted to anyone? Whom and why?
UhHhmMM, hm… Strangely, Matt feels a sense of being indebted to Madi still… Despite everything he did to him, Matt still thinks, well, I would have died without him basically abducting me. But truth is that Matt probably would have ended up…… no, no, they were pretty fucked up and little, probably would have died so I guess, eh… But Madi did give Matt a surprisingly comprehensive education and a very rigid set of polite mannerisms that helped him out a lot after he escaped Madi…… Even though Matt’s turned into quite a bitch when he’s not putting on the “:) oh haha” facade with you……
I guess to anyone who’s ever defended him and cared for him, Matt feels a bit of like “eh I owe them a favor”, but Matt’s so inwardly-focused because he’s withdrawing from reality that he notices when people offend him more than anything else, so even if someone has been incredibly good to him, if most recently they had a bad conversation or did something shitty, that’s what matt’s focusing on. It isn’t that he doesn’t remember the good, but he’s more focused on the more recent events because his mind is not spending the energy considering anything else…….
He feels more financially obligated lately, he hates being in debts to people.
Glass: How accurately does your character see themselves?
NOT VERY I mean in some aspects he does, in some ways Matt is very aware of himself and his tendencies, but Matt paints himself as a far more malevolent personality than he is.
Or maybe not, I’m not sure entirely. Matt’s a lot more aggressive and violent than he’s ever let on except in little hints.. Even his little outbreaks when he was still carrying Vice in his RP version wasn’t really the kind of thing I’m talking about… Between them, Matt would absolutely be the first to murder someone or senselessly, seriously injure someone, while Vice would avoid it.
But Matt also thinks he isn’t a fearful sort, and he isn’t for the most part, but that’s because Matt’s focusing on all this shit that isn’t accepting his biggest issues…….. Vice gets irritated because Matt has started hinting that Vice is more sensitive than Matt, but VIce is just like dude you’re not even fucking brave enough to start letting yourself realize some of the shit, you don’t even get it yet….. Matt thinks because he’s gotten into this voodoo-psychology part of himself, that he’s AWARE he KNOWS what’s going on in his head, but it’s like… You can be religious and still have no connection to yourself, you can study your cellular structure and still not have a clue about your psychological status…….
Myth: Does your character have any beliefs that are simply not correct or acceptable?
HrMMmm let’s see…. WELL Vice is very accepting and open-minded, but he does have a bit of a thing about being manly and whatever… mostly on himself. Like it’s become more of a prevalent factor over the last few years because he started working and hanging out with average, normal men in his peer group….. And ironically, as much as he made such a point to basically go “fuck ur standards fuck ur norms” when he was younger, now that he’s, what, 26-27 in RP, he’s trying to find a place along with people and get a sense of community…. Which is, again, somewhere Matt and Vice greatly diverge. As far as that comunitas aspect goes, Matt’s very selfish and self-focused unless you’re in his immediate group of people who are important to his satisfaction (ohhh see that’s a way to explain it hang on), and Vice is very much like… Happy to be a cog in societal gears so long as he finds it morally acceptable, and he feels he’s being treated with respect….
Honestly, Vice is pretty live-and-let-live, I think the only beliefs that aren’t correct are basically instilled on his own person. He’s very harsh on himself, doesn’t allow himself to get the benefit of the doubt…. I’m trying to think of anything morally or socially or anything but… Again, even this “manly/girly” thing is basically limited to himself, since god knows he hangs out with enough people that completely bash gender norms and he encourages it (except that it gets a little frustrating for him if it causes a scene, like the idea of sano going to the gym with him and sano’s wearing something very flamboyant and flirty… but again, Vice wouldn’t care except that he doesn’t want the people he knows from the gym to feel uncomfortable around him, since hanging out with a bunch of dudes a few times a week who talk about their anatomy and stuff, that’s a volatile situation…… and also because he worries someone else is going to say something and upset sano or whoever else….)
Consequences: What is your character’s latest regret? How did it change the course of their life?
gdi raw WELL BASICALLY Vice doesn’t regret a lot but cheating on Amy wasss ISSSSS basically his BIGGEST regret……. At this point he’s not sure how things would have ultimately worked out with Amy over time, but one way or another, he wishes he hadn’t done that Amy and cheated on him after pledging total loyalty to him. I think Vice panics when he gets into a sense of “this is forever” and starts to take every little thing as a sign of trouble ahead….. One way or another, whether they would have worked out years and years down the road or not, Vice will neeEeever forgive himself for doing that to Amy, not because he’s like “oh now I look like an asshole great”, but because he’s like fuck, I loved this guy and I got him to introduce me, creepy-fuck me, to his family, and we got hitched, and I fucking betrayed him, and it probably made him feel like it was something he did, and it wasn’t, because it was me, and I really hope he’s angry at me instead of somehow putting it on himself at all.”
Other than that, I’d say not living up to Cheryl (Sheryl… I’m deciding still)’s hopes for him, going against everything she tried to put into him… And uh hahiod most importantly that he basically ran off and didn’t give her more help after how much she helped him when he was so malnourished and fucked-up, and she died before he got another chance to try to take care of her…………………………………… and he also still holds himself responsible for every person he mugged, hurt, whatever else… even when he was a heavy addict……. WHICH MAKES SENSE but to an extent he’s like ok yeah I was fucked up and it was a bad time but that’s not an excuse……………… He tries to repent a bit for that period in his life by regularly volunteering for very low-income and homeless organizations…….
And honestly I think he regrets all the time he spent hating Matt, and basically being sick………… psychologically unwell, even though he still is in ways, but he’s not like….He doesn’t have DID anymore, he’s resolved it though still has massive anxiety issues that he just keeps a very rigid and overwhelming schedule to distract himself from….. I think he sees it as embarrassing and unproductive, when he needs to give himself credit for living through everything he has and coming out as well as he has…..
ALSO I JUST FIGURED THE BEST WAY TO EXPLAIN how Matt is selfish in comparison to Vice is that Vice genuinely cares for people, even ones he doesn’t know much……….. and Matt mostly cares for people in the way you would care about someone’s well-being for the sake of being sure they were able to provide a service you wanted…… like it’s very “I gotta’ make sure this person is happy so they’ll make ME happy.” Which is a pretty understandable thing to a DEGREE but Matt has a huge issue with closeness, despite how much he seems to be very affectionate…………………..
oh right, here is a thing I drew 4 matt’s account that’s still on my laptop……
- Drive: If your character could go anywhere within driving distance right now, where would they go? What would they do?
- Burn: What was the last hurtful thing someone said to your character? How did it affect them? Does it still hurt?
- Napkin: How are your character's manners? Do they take after who raised them?
- Couch: How often does your character have "lazy days" where they don't get anything accomplished? Do they feel better or worse afterwards?
- Jackhammer: What's a noise your character can't stand? How often do they come into contact with it?
- Tractor: Does your character prefer the city or the country? Where were they raised?
- Runaway: If your character were to leave their current home, would it be more to pursue a goal or get away from something negative?
- Hermit: If they had it their way, how long would your character like to spend alone?
- Rollercoaster: Does your character like going to fairs or amusement parks? Would they rather ride the rides or sit and watch?
- Hidden: What is something nobody knows about your character? Is it a habit, thought, ritual, belief?
- Mystery: What is the thing your character thinks about the most?
- Gothic: What clique did your character belong to in school? Did they get along well with the others?
- Storm: Is your character frightened by thunderstorms? Do they like the rain? What made them that way?
- Request: If your character could have one physical thing at this moment, what would they want?
- Obligation: Does your character feel indebted to anyone? Whom and why?
- Handprint: What is one non-physical characteristic about your character that is unique?
- Officer: How does your character feel about authority figures? How do they treat them? Does how they feel about them and how they actually treat them differ?
- Consequences: What is your character's latest regret? How did it change the course of their life?
- Senses: If your character had to choose to live without one of the five senses for the rest of their life, what would they choose and why?
- Proof: What is an absurd situation your character has gotten into that others didn't believe?
- Faith: Does your character believe there is an afterlife? What do they believe happens after death?
- Sarcasm: Does your character put people down or belittle them? Are they ever put down or belittled?
- Court: Has your character ever been in trouble with the law?
- Charm: Is there a certain object your character always carries with them?
- Tattoo: How does your character feel about piercings and tattoos? Do they have or want any? Do they judge others that have them?
- Chopsticks: Does your character have any special talents or skills? How useful are they?
- Porn: What are your character's sexual turn-ons and turn-offs?
- Time: Is your character typically early or late? Do they value their time or find it slipping away easily?
- Ricochet: What's the last thing your character did that had a major impact on someone else? Was it positive or negative? How does your character feel about it?
- Favor: Does your character have a problem asking for help? If so, is it because they are stubborn or just shy?
- Adversary: Who is your character's arch rival? If not a specific person, an idea, belief, or entity?
- Dirt: What's currently on your character's conscience? Why can't they shake it off? What can they do to resolve it?
- Suspense: What does your character often worry about?
- Cobra: Is your character known to start fights? Are they known to break them up or avoid them altogether?
- Coconut: What would be your character's perfect vacation destination? What does that say about them?
- Fire: What is your character's most irritating pet peeve? Why does it irk them so much?
- Line: What is something your character is stubborn about? Why won't they budge on their position or belief?
- Homeless: How does your character treat homeless people? Do they ignore them, hate them, give them money?
- Glass: How accurately does your character see themselves?
- Leaves: What is your character's favourite season? Why do they prefer it over the others?
- Capsule: In what order does your character value the following: knowledge, family, friends, career, money?
- Skin: What scars does your character have? Are they visible?
- News: Does your character watch, read, or keep up with the news? What are their favourite types of stories?
- Myth: Does your character have any beliefs that are simply not correct or acceptable?
- Field: Does your character like the outdoors? What do they like or not like about it?
((wow get a load of this dumb request))
Every so often I put glasses on friends’ OCs
Vice got to be the victim this time
Vice is danteo's work of perfection huhuhuhu
OHHHHHH YOU ARE TOO NICE TO MEEEEEE Look how hannsum heheheh :3333ccc You make me want to draw him in glasses, too, he needs them u know HOW DID YOU KNOW… HUH… or is this part of your glasses agenda, I know what you’re up to…. converting people to your glasses lifestyle…. I ACCEPT…
No but for real WARRGHH I LOVE IT AHH THANK U.. I love the expression… A+++!!!
At the time, I thought Madi was a bad person but compared to now he’s a nice dude
Years ago before I rewrote things to their current story, Matt’s incarnation at the time had a thing where he and this nymph chick were very flirty and cute but AS ALWAYS MATT WENT CRAZY AND LOST HIS SHIT AND FUCKED IT ALL UP god damnit Matt
I WAS TRYING TO GET ON NEOPETS AND FORGOT MY PASSWORD BECAUSE FOREVER AGO SO I READ AN OLD NEOPIAN TIME SORRY I WROTE AND IT WAS REALLY BAD, then I went on FictionPress to look up an old story about my characters then (back when I had, like, women and before I was like “u mean boys can kiss too? :3c”), and before I dropped all these random characters…. Yet another incarnation of Matt and Vice and ALSO MADI!
I WAS INTO DBZ SO LIKE 95% OF MY CHARACTERS COULD FLY
Finally California gets some more rain